Chord Engineering demonstrated exceptional skill and dedication in completing critical healthcare infrastructure projects, significantly contributing to patient care and hospital efficiency, especially during the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Their innovative solutions and commitment to sustainability have set a high standard in the industry.
- St Helier Hospital: To complete an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with high specification requirements, including security, fire alarms, data infrastructure, and electrical distribution backed by UPS systems.
- Royal Free Hospital: Installation of MRI scanners, gamma cameras, and x-ray machines, while ensuring reduced energy usage and adherence to COVID-19 protocols.
- St Helier Hospital: Installation of 1.5Km of sub mains cabling by over 40 cable pullers and electricians, working through nights and weekends in live hospital corridors while maintaining strict social distancing.
- Royal Free Hospital: Efficient installation of state-of-the-art medical equipment, addressing COVID-19 challenges, and proposing an energy-saving lighting control system.
- St Helier Hospital: Completed ICU five weeks ahead of schedule, increasing capacity for COVID-19 patients and saving lives.
- Royal Free Hospital: Enhanced scanning and imaging capacity, reduced waiting times, improved diagnostic imaging quality, and successful installation of x-ray machines. Additionally, proposed a solution to cut energy usage by up to 50%.
Professionalism and Adaptability
- Team worked professionally and tirelessly under strict COVID-19 protocols.
- Demonstrated flexibility, efficient planning, and coordination in challenging circumstances.
- Adhered to new infection control requirements and managed supply chain delays.
Impact and Contribution
- Direct contribution to the healthcare sector by equipping hospitals with essential facilities.
- Improvement in patient care and experience.
- Significant reduction in the hospitals' energy bills and carbon footprint.